New technology enables versatile, scalable measurement networks
Scanner 3100 and 2100 flow computers help improve operators' connectivity to the digital oilfield.
Today's intelligent oilfield utilizes sensors, data collection devices, and analysis software to provide operational knowledge so that operating companies can mitigate risk, optimize production and correctly determine the financial position associated with the fluid movement.
Cameron has introduced new technology for cost-saving, smart electronic field-monitoring. With the simple addition of a tiny SmartMesh® radio to our CAMERON® Scanner® 3000 and 2000 series flow computers, operators can save 50% or more on setup costs without sacrificing measurement integrity.
Our CAMERON Scanner flow computers measure standard volume, mass, and energy of saturated steam and gases together with the standard volume and mass of liquids. As a small example, they are diversely suited to measure gas, oil, and water flow from two-phase or three-phase separators or compute the custody transfer flow from an ultrasonic gas flow meter. As applicable they are compliant to ISO, API, AGA, and ASME and many other standards.
In addition to flow measurement the Scanner monitors, records and reports non-flow related operational conditions like level, pressure, temperature and other items.
Within a multi-measurement facility efficient and savings are gained by linking all the measurements locally by self-powered wireless or wired communications to create a local area network enabling any measurement to be associated to a calculation, record, alarm, or local display. All findings and results are then available monitored at a single device within the network by a web browser interface.
Scanner 3100 Flow Computer
The Cameron Scanner 3100 Flow Computer is Cameron’s most advanced flow computer and offers the cost savings of a distributed flow computing network as well as excellence in centralized computing. Doubling as a network manager, the 3100 model offers a level of economy and data integrity protection that is unmatched by conventional automation solutions.
The Scanner 3100 converts evolutionary and revolutionary electronic flow computing concepts into reality. In traditional measurement automation architecture, the Scanner 3100 extends the concept of the Scanner 2000 series.
Evolutionary Flow Computer Features
- Two integral flow runs and the ability to coalesce up to 20 remote flow runs in a local area network
- Computes quantities of any gas and most liquids
- Automated integration of remote Scanner measurement point
- Wireless and/or wired communication options
- Fault tolerant wireless system moves computed results
- Ability to collect and share up to 128 data points from any brand of Modbus compliant automation device
- Massive record-keeping flexibility and capacity
- Rapid 10 Hz analog input sampling rate
- Accuracy improving GERG 08 (2012) equation of state fluid properties calculation
- Data viewing, export, and report writing software available without added cost
Evolutionary RTU Features
- Browser interface eliminates custom software to fully operate and configure
- Extensive Modbus master capability exchanges data with 128 remote device registers
- Event-triggered logging captures high-resolution data
- Fully mapable Modbus deploys data in Enron Modbus or Modbus RTU formats
- Two Ethernet ports
Revolutionary Measurement System Architecture
- Scanner 3100 changes the way measurement equipment at a site is linked and integrated
- Scanner 3100 is revolutionary by acting as a single point of contact for an entire distributed automated measurement network
- Choose wired or wireless communication
- Wireless deployment for up to 50% automation project cost savings
- 22 flow stream capacity in addition to uncompensated flow totalizers
- Semi-automatic system integration and fully automatic database synchronization
- Measurement integrity is independent of communication integrity
- Measurement standards compliant
- CSA explosion-proof certification
Scanner 2100 Flow Computer
The Cameron Scanner 2100 Flow Computer offers short-haul wireless communication in addition to traditional wired operation, and complements Cameron’s existing portfolio of flow computers.
Major advantages include:
- Easy, automatic integration with Scanner 3100 acting as a network hub
- Integral batteries for power autonomy and true wireless operation
- Simultaneous service as flow computer and turbine totalizer
eFCAS is an integrated software system that automates the collection of data. Through automated assessment and analysis, eFCAS converts the data into operational knowledge so that issues are made obvious to the user.
With more than 30,000 Scanner Series flow computers in operation around the globe, Cameron applies innovation to offer cost effective and compliant measurement. Our suite of product support services includes sizing and selection, application and integration engineering support, troubleshooting, and spare parts.
Download Datasheet (Not Available) Download Manual (Not Available)
If you require further information on this product or would like a quotation, please contact dp-flow on:
sales +44(0)1865 60 0245