MiniSonic ISD; & PSD
The Ultraflux range of Minisonic Interface, Sphere and Pig Detectors are predominantly used in the downstream oil and gas industry
The MINISONIC ISD measures the speed of sound in a liquid (or gas) product. The measured value is a precise characteristic of the product which is asssociated with its density. For both models PSD & ISD, the ultrasonic path is interrupted by the passage of a sphere (product separator) or pig even when they are travelling at high speed.
Early warning of approaching interface of hydrocarbon products in a pipeline of refined or crude petroleum products : analysis of density, concentration and speed of sound.
Detection of spheres or pigs
Pipe sizes : 4'' to 60''
Programmable measurement range 500-2000 m/s
Wide range of fluids with possibility of measurement on gas (insertion probe)
MINISONIC ISD & PSD DESCRIPTION
Using advanced acoustic-signal processing, MINISONIC ISD & PSD use the signals of the associated probe to track :
The change of products in the pipeline : ISD
The passages of spheres or pigs : PSD & ISD
PERFORMANCE - SPECIFICATION
- Resolution of the sound speed measurement
- ISD : +/- 0,1 m/s (equivalent to < 10–4 of density)t
- PSD : +/- 10 m/st
- Response time < 1 s - optimized pulse sampling ratet
- Output signals :t
- Serial RS 232 & 485 - JBUS/MODBUS Protocolt
- 2 relays : passage of spheres even if they are touchingt
- 4-20 mA for speed of sound (ISD only)t
- Keyboard and PC software for user friendly calibration – LS_ISDt
- Storage of the 20 last records of spheres or pigs detection in a date & time logger available for interrogation by serial linkt
- Two lines backlight LCD display : sound speed, counting of spheres and event messages
- Power supply
- MINISONIC : 9 to 36 VDC (25 VAC), or 18 to 60 VDC (40 VAC)
- External transformer module for 110 V or 220 VAC supply
- M 1189N : 110 V or 220 VAC
- Output 4-20 mA / 1000 Ω - galvanic isolated
- 2 static relays - 100 V / 100 mA/ 10 VA max.
- Installation and commissionning :
- Straight pipe lengths and probe positionning not critical,
- Permanent coupling of the probe to the pipe,
- Indicate the pipe outside diameter, the wall thickness and the measurement scales.
Protection and temperature classes
- Probes : IP 68, - 25°C to 50°C, EEx'm'
- MINISONIC : IP 67, -20°C to 50°C
Dimensions – Weights
- MINISONIC : 237 x 108 x 79 mm (LxHxD) – 1, 5 Kg
- Version EXD: 244 x 130 x 232 (LxHxP) - 6,6 Kg
If you require further information on this product or would like a quotation, please contact dp-flow on:
sales +44 1923 462500
Supplied by DP-Flow